Scarring and Disfigurement
Recover Your Losses With the Help of a Florida Disfigurement Lawyer
Scarring and disfigurement can not only be extremely painful, but they can also cause significant psychological trauma. Many accident victims struggle with both the physical and psychological effects of their injuries. Fortunately, financial compensation is available in many cases, and a Florida disfigurement attorney at Searcy Denney can help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
Accidents That Can Cause Scarring and Disfigurement
Various types of accidents can lead to scarring and disfigurement. This includes car accidents, truck accidents and other vehicle collisions, as well as falls, dog bites and animal attacks, and product failures.
Medical malpractice can leave patients with scars and disfiguring injuries as well. Examples of medical mistakes that can lead to unnecessary scarring and disfigurement include failure to diagnose, delayed diagnosis and surgical errors.
At Searcy Denney, our personal injury practice represents individuals and families in cases involving scarring and disfigurement claims resulting from all causes. This includes cases involving:
- Severe Lacerations – Severe lacerations, including those requiring stitches or sutures, frequently leave accident victims with permanent scars.
- Burns – Burns from fires, explosions and contact with hot objects can also leave victims with painful and debilitating scars.
- Road Rash – Road rash sustained in motorcycle, bicycle and pedestrian accidents is another common cause of scarring and disfigurement.
- Chemical Exposure – Exposure to toxic substances can result in chemical burns that cause permanent scarring and disfigurement.
- Loss of Body Parts and Amputation – Loss of a digit or limb in a vehicle collision, job site accident or other accident can have lifelong effects. So can losing a digit or limb due to amputation.
- Medical Mistakes – As discussed above, various types of medical mistakes can leave patients to cope with the effects of unnecessary scars and disfigurement.
Multiple Forms of Compensation for Scarring and Disfigurement
Various forms of financial compensation are available for individuals who suffer scarring and disfigurement due to negligence or product failures. When we represent individuals who have scars and other disfiguring injuries, we seek maximum compensation for their:
- Medical bills (including skin grafts and other surgical procedures)
- Physical and occupational therapy costs
- Psychological or psychiatric care bills
- Prescription and medical device costs
- Loss of income and benefits
- Loss of companionship and consortium
- Loss of society, support and services
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Emotional trauma
- Physical pain and suffering
Find Out How Much You Can Recover from a Florida Disfigurement Attorney
If you are struggling with the effects of a catastrophic injury, you do not have to deal with your situation alone. Our Florida disfigurement attorneys are available to speak with you 24/7. To discuss your case in confidence, call 800-780-8607 or tell us how we can reach you online now. Your initial consultation is completely free, and you owe us nothing at all unless we win. Our Florida disfigurement lawyers can help you obtain the care you need, and we can fight for just compensation on your behalf.