Florida Burn Injury Attorneys
We Help Victims Recover from the Traumatic and Lifelong Effects of Severe Burn Injuries
If you have suffered severe burn injuries in an accident, you know how unbelievably painful these injuries can be. Even the slightest movements can be excruciating, and it can seem as though the pain will never go away. Recovering from severe burns is an ordeal that no one should ever be forced to endure, and the financial and non-financial costs of treatment, therapy and learning to cope with the long-term effects of your injuries can be substantial. In order to make sure you have the financial resources you will need for the future, it is important to have an experienced Florida burn injury lawyer on your side.
At Searcy Denney, we represent individuals throughout Florida who have suffered severe burn injuries in all types of traumatic accidents. Our personal injury lawyers have recovered billions of dollars for our clients, and we can use our experience to help make sure you receive the compensation you deserve. Your initial consultation is free and you pay nothing unless we win, so contact us risk-free to get started on the road to financial recovery today.
Are You Entitled to Financial Compensation for Your Burn Injuries?
Burn injuries from many different causes can support claims for financial compensation. If you were injured as the result of any of the following, our Florida personal injury lawyers may be able to secure a significant financial recovery on your behalf:
- Car Accident
- Truck Accident
- Chemical Exposure
- Exposure to Hot Grease, Boiling Water, or Other Scalding Liquid
- Fireworks Accident
- Uncontrolled Electrical Current
- Kitchen Appliance Malfunction
- Tool, Equipment or Machinery Malfunction
- Radiation Exposure (including Exposure During Cancer or Other Medical Treatment)
How Do You Prove Liability for Burn Injuries After an Accident in Florida?
After an accident, there are two primary ways your Florida burn injury lawyer can establish your right to financial compensation. These are (i) proof of negligence and (ii) proof of a product defect.
Negligence involves making a mistake that falls below the standard of care we all owe to one another as Florida residents. For example, if you suffered your burn injuries in a car accident caused by a distracted driver, our attorneys can pursue a negligence-based claim under the distracted driver’s insurance policy. Product defect claims involve inherent issues with dangerous products, and they do not require proof of negligence. These are “strict liability” claims, which means that proving the product was defective is enough to prove your right to just compensation.
Regardless of the factor (or factors) involved in your accident, it will be important for you to hire an attorney to begin working on your case as soon as possible. At Searcy Denney, we are available 24/7, and we can arrange for you to speak with one of our lawyers in confidence right away.
Burns of All Severities Can Lead to Costly Treatment Needs and Other Losses
Burns can vary greatly in terms of their severity. While the duration of exposure is generally an important factor in the severity of an accident victim’s burns, the source of the burn (i.e., fire, steam, toxic chemical, light or radiation) is a key factor as well. In many cases, even short exposure can lead to severe and widespread burns.
Regardless of the source and severity of an accident victim’s burns, the costs of treatment can be substantial. Burns can also lead to significant loss of income, pain and suffering, and other financial and non-financial losses as well. At Searcy Denney, we handle cases involving all types of burns requiring emergency medical care, including :
- First-Degree Burns – These burns damage the top layer of the skin, and accident victims can fully heal from these burns in most cases. However, victims who experience first-degree burns often experience other injuries as well, and securing just compensation for their medical bills and other losses can be an important step in the recovery process.
- Second-Degree Burns – These burns damage the top and middle layers of the skin. Blistering is common, and patients can suffer infections without proper treatment. Short-term hospitalization will often be necessary.
- Third–Degree Burns – These burns involve severe damage to the top, middle and inner layers of the skin. Third-degree burns present risks for infections and other complications, and accident victims will often need skin grafts or other surgical procedures.
- Fourth–Degree Burns – These burns cause severe damage to all layers of the skin as well as the muscles, tendons, and bones. Surgical treatment is virtually always necessary, and accident victims who suffer fourth-degree burns will typically face life-altering (if not life-threatening) consequences.
Child Burn Injury Claims in Florida
Children face many of the same burn risks as adults. While we never think about our children suffering catastrophic injuries, the tragic reality is that children often suffer severe burns due to factors beyond their parents’ control far more often than any of us would like to believe.
If your child has suffered burns in an accident, your family may have a personal injury claim under Florida law. Our lawyers can assess your family’s legal rights, and we can take appropriate legal action on your family’s behalf. We handle child burn injury cases involving all causes, including:
- Thermal burns caused by contact with hot kitchen appliances, hot liquids, and other dangerous objects and substances
- Thermal burns caused by fires in vehicle collisions, homes, schools, and other facilities
- Electrical burns caused by dangerous electrical equipment and components, including dangerous components of defective children’s products and toys
- Chemical burns caused by contact with or ingestion of cleaning products, fertilizers, insecticides, and other harmful substances
From inadequate supervision to driver negligence, and from inadequate maintenance to product defects, there are numerous potential grounds for families to pursue claims following child burn injuries. Most claims are covered by companies’ and property owners’ insurance policies, and the vast majority of successful claims settle without going to court.
Schedule a Free Initial Consultation with a Florida Burn Injury Lawyer
To discuss your legal rights with a Florida burn injury lawyer at Searcy Denney, call us at 800-780-8607 or contact us online. Let us use our experience to help you win the financial compensation you deserve.