Fort Walton Beach Product Liability Lawyers
Fort Walton Beach Product Liability Lawyers with a National Reputation of Excellence
Product liability cases can present a variety of practical and legal challenges. From proving that a product was defective to convincing a product manufacturer or retailer to settle, all aspects of the process require an in-depth understanding of the relevant laws and procedures, and you need to be able to make sound decisions every step of the way. At Searcy Denney, our Fort Walton Beach product liability lawyers are known nationwide for their experience handling large-scale product liability claims. Whether you have an individual claim or the facts of your case may support a class action lawsuit, we will provide the same quality and detail-oriented legal representation, and we will work tirelessly to make sure you receive just compensation.
Fort Walton Beach Product Liability Lawyers Handling All Types of Defective Product Claims
The basis of any product liability claim is the existence of a product defect. While there are other ways that accident victims can seek financial compensation as well, when it comes to product liability, proving that the product that caused your injury was defective is the first major step on the road to recovery.
So, how do you prove that a product is defective? This is not an easy question, and there is not one single answer. The steps required to prove a defect can vary greatly from one case to the next, and this is one of several reasons why it is important to choose a law firm with experience handling a broad range of product liability claims.
At Searcy Denney, our product liability practice encompasses cases involving all types of dangerous and defective products. Our attorneys have successfully recovered just compensation on behalf of individuals and families in cases involving products including:
- Children’s Furniture and Toys
- Construction Tools and Equipment
- Electronic Devices
- Household Products
- Landscaping Equipment
- Medical Devices
- Playground Equipment
- Small Appliances
To ensure that we have the best chance to fully recover your losses, it is important that you contact us as soon as possible. We also recommend that you:
- Seek medical attention promptly. If you have not already seen a doctor for treatment of your product-related injury, you should do so right away.
- Keep the product and packaging. If the product was yours, do not throw it away. If it broke, keep all of the pieces, and keep the packaging if you still have it.
- Write down key details. If the product was someone else’s (i.e. if you or your child was injured in a vehicle collision, aviation accident, or playground accident), write down as many details as you can remember. What was the brand name? How did the product malfunction? When and where did the accident occur?
Criteria for Defective Products in Florida
Not every product-related accident is the result of a product defect. Some activities (such as sports and using tools) can lead to injuries even when the products used are not defective. However, many products do have defects, and these defects can take three different forms:
- Design Defect – Some products are unsafe as a result of the way they are designed. For example, if a toy has pieces that are too small, if a consumer electronic has a faulty wiring system, or if a picture frame is too heavy for its hangar, it suffers from a design defect.
- Manufacturing Defect – Even if a product is properly designed, it can still be defective as the result of a manufacturing defect. From impurities to programming issues with assembly-line robots, there are various issues that can create product flaws during the manufacturing process.
- Warning Defect – The third type of defect is a warning defect, also known as “failure to warn.” If a consumer product presents safety risks that would not be obvious to a typical user, then the product’s label or packaging must provide an appropriate warning.
FAQs: How Can Fort Walton Beach Product Liability Lawyers Help After a Product-Related Accident?
What Does it Take to Prove a Product Liability Claim After an Accident?
Product liability claims are unique from other types of injury claims in that they are governed by the law of “strict liability” in Florida. In other cases, recovering financial compensation requires proof of fault (or “negligence” in legal terms). However, in product liability cases, you only need to prove that the product at issue was defective—you do not need to prove that the manufacturer was negligent in putting the defective product on the market.
With that said, proving a product liability claim after an accident in Fort Walton Beach is not easy. It requires a thorough investigation and a comprehensive understanding of how Florida’s “strict liability” law applies under the circumstances at hand. It also requires the ability to accurately calculate your current and future losses, and this makes it extremely important to have a team of experienced Fort Walton Beach product liability lawyers on your side.
What Compensation is Available in a Product Liability Case?
The compensation available in product liability cases is similar to the compensation available in cases involving other types of accidents. This means that accident victims and families can recover just compensation for their current and future:
- Medical and prescription costs
- Loss of income and benefits
- Pain, suffering and emotional trauma
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of companionship, consortium, society and enjoyment of life
How much can you recover? The answer to this question depends on the financial and non-financial effects of your (or your loved one’s) product related accident. When you choose Searcy Denney, our lawyers will meticulously calculate your losses to ensure that we are seeking full compensation on your behalf.
Can I File a Product Liability Claim if I Don’t Still Have the Product?
Yes, it is possible to file a product liability claim if you don’t have the defective product. In fact, this is common, as many accidents involve products that the victims do not own (i.e. aviation components or playground equipment). It can be helpful if you have the product, any pieces of the product or any packaging, but this is not necessary in order to file a claim for damages.
How Much Do Fort Walton Beach Product Liability Lawyers Charge?
We do not charge any out-of-pocket costs for our Fort Walton Beach product liability lawyers’ services. We handle all product liability claims on a contingency-fee basis, which means that we only get paid if we help you recover just compensation.
How Long Do I Have to File a Product Liability Claim?
Florida law gives victims of product related accidents four years to file a product liability lawsuit. If you have lost a loved one, you will have two years to file a lawsuit in most cases. With that said, it is extremely important that you hire a lawyer to begin work on your case as soon as possible, and we encourage you to contact us right away for your free initial consultation
Contact Our Fort Walton Beach Product Liability Lawyers to Discuss Your Case for Free
If you believe that you may be entitled to financial compensation for injuries caused by a defective product, we encourage you to contact us for a free initial consultation. To speak with one of our Fort Walton Beach product liability lawyers as soon as possible, call 800-780-8607 or inquire online today.