A Jacksonville Personal Injury Law Firm for Accident Victims
Personal Injury, Mass Tort, Medical Malpractice and Wrongful Death Lawyers Serving Jacksonville, FL
An accident can change everything. Whether you were seriously injured in a collision or you have learned that a doctor made a costly mistake, going through the recovery process can bring your normal life to a screeching halt. It can also be incredibly expensive. From medical bills to loss of earnings, many accident victims and families in Jacksonville face substantial losses. Serious and fatal accidents can lead to non-financial costs as well. It is for these reasons that accident victims and families need experienced legal representation.
We help accident victims and families in Jacksonville recover just compensation. If you need a Jacksonville personal injury lawyer, we strongly encourage you to contact us right away. Our lawyers have many years of experience and have recovered billions of dollars for our clients. We can use this experience to help you recover.
Jacksonville is one of the northernmost cities in Florida. It is also the biggest city in Florida, with a population rapidly approaching one million. Situated near the Atlantic Coast and in close proximity to several well-known beaches, Jacksonville is both a popular tourist destination and a permanent destination for transplants seeking to take advantage of all that the city has to offer.
Since the St. Johns River bisects Jacksonville on its way to the Atlantic, the city is also a hub for recreational boaters and maritime businesses. Boaters passing through Jacksonville will see MOSH and several museums along the river’s banks, and they will pass by the Timucuan Ecological and Historic Preserve and the Jacksonville Zoo.
Our lawyers represent individuals and families in personal injury cases throughout the greater Jacksonville area. Whether you live or work in downtown Jacksonville, near the beach or in western Duval County, we can use our local experience to help you recover just compensation. We handle cases in areas including (but not limited to):
- Arlington Hills
- Baymeadows Beach Haven
- Cedar Hills
- Downtown Jacksonville
- East Arlington
- Golden Glades
- Jacksonville Beach
- Jacksonville Heights
- Jacksonville North Estates
- Mandarin Station
- The surrounding areas of Duval County
In addition to representing Jacksonville-area residents, we also represent out-of-town visitors. If you were injured while on vacation or visiting Jacksonville on business, you will need a local law firm to help you assert your legal rights. Our Jacksonville lawyers have experience representing clients across the country, and we can work with you remotely regardless of where you live.
Do You Have a Claim for Compensation in Jacksonville?
While coping with the aftermath of a serious or fatal accident can be incredibly difficult, it is possible to move on. But, moving on requires closure, and it also requires the knowledge that you have the financial resources necessary to cover your costs now and in the future.
Our lawyers handle all types of serious and fatal accident cases in Jacksonville and the surrounding areas. This includes cases involving:
- Car Accidents
- Mass Torts
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability
- Premises Liability
- Truck Accidents
- Unsafe Medical Devices
- Watercraft and Boating Accidents
- Wrongful Death
No matter what happened, if you have questions about your legal rights, we want you to contact us. Our Jacksonville injury lawyers are more than happy to speak with you, and we can help you feel confident that you are making the right decisions with your best interests in mind.
What To Expect When You Choose Our Firm for Your Personal Injury Case in Jacksonville
When you have a personal injury claim, recovering just compensation requires a clear and comprehensive understanding of how to assert your legal rights. It also requires dedication. Filing a successful personal injury claim is not easy, and you will need to work closely with your lawyer throughout the process. With this in mind, here is what you can expect when you choose our firm for your personal injury case in Jacksonville:
1. Our Personal Injury Lawyers Will Conduct a Prompt and Thorough Investigation
With any type of personal injury claim, a key first step is to conduct a prompt and thorough investigation. It is essential to collect the available evidence before it disappears—whether in the form of skid marks, damaged personal property, surveillance camera footage, medical records or anything else. Once we have collected the available evidence, we will conduct a thorough assessment of your legal rights and determine what claim (or claims) we can file on your behalf.
2. We Will Help Make Sure You Get the Treatment You Need
When recovering from a traumatic accident, it is extremely important to make sure you get the treatment you need. We work with many health care providers in the Jacksonville area who specialize in treating victims of vehicle collisions, falls, medical malpractice and other types of accidents. We can help you get appropriate treatment, and we can work with your doctor to build your case for just compensation. This is an extremely important part of the process; and, if you have not sought treatment already, we strongly recommend that you contact us right away so that we can provide you with a referral.
3. We Will Calculate All of Your Recoverable Losses
In most cases, individuals who suffer serious injuries due to other people’s negligence and due to product defects are entitled to full compensation for their injuries under Florida law. Our Jacksonville lawyers will work closely with you to understand the physical, financial and emotional impacts of your injuries, and we will use our experience to ensure that we are seeking maximum compensation for your injury-related losses. This includes compensation for your medical bills, lost earnings, physical scarring, emotional trauma, pain and suffering, and other types of financial and non-financial harm.
4. We Will Work to Quickly Negotiate a Fair Settlement
Settling your personal injury claim allows you to move on as quickly as possible. But, settling too soon is not a mistake that you can afford to make. Our Jacksonville lawyers will negotiate for a fair settlement on your behalf. We will make sure you understand what constitutes a fair offer, and we will help you decide when (and if) it makes sense to accept an offer from the insurance companies.
5. We Will Take Your Case to Court if Necessary
If the insurance companies refuse to make an acceptable settlement offer, we will take your personal injury case in Jacksonville to court. Our lawyers have won numerous substantial verdicts, and we will use our trial experience to fight for just compensation on your behalf in court if necessary.
Why Choose the Jacksonville Personal Injury Lawyers at Searcy Denney?
With lots of law firms in Jacksonville competing for your business, why should you choose Searcy Denney Scarola Barnhart & Shipley to handle your personal injury claim? At Searcy Denney, we offer:
- A Team of Experienced and Compassionate Lawyers, Paralegals and Staff – Our team includes dozens of highly-experienced lawyers, paralegals and professional staff members. Every member of our firm is a compassionate advocate who is committed to ensuring that our clients receive just compensation.
- A Focus on Representing Individuals and Families Who are Struggling to Cope with Traumatic Injuries and Untimely Losses – Our practice is devoted to helping individuals and families who are struggling to cope with the effects of negligence, product defects and medical malpractice. When you choose our firm to represent you, you will be paired with a Jacksonville lawyer who has extensive experience helping people in circumstances similar to yours.
- Local Knowledge Paired with Nationwide Litigation Experience – We know Jacksonville extremely well. We are familiar with the local roads, health care providers and insurance companies, and we are passionate about helping local residents and visitors of this great city. We also have nationwide litigation experience, and we rely on this experience to aggressively pursue favorable results for our clients.
- Proven Results in Settlement Negotiations and in Court – Our results in settlement negotiations and litigation speak for themselves. We have helped clients secure million-dollar, multi-million-dollar and billion-dollar awards. Regardless of what your case is worth, we will fight to recover maximum compensation with the same vigor and effort we devote to every case we handle.
- A Client-First Approach to Everything We Do – Our clients come first in everything we do. As our client, you can expect to get in touch whenever you need to, and you can expect to feel like your case is our priority. We understand what it is like to be in your shoes, and we don’t expect you to settle for anything less than we would accept ourselves.
FAQs: Hiring an Injury Lawyer to Represent You in Jacksonville
How Do I Know If I Should Talk to a Personal Injury Lawyer?
It isn’t always easy to tell whether you need a lawyer. You might not know exactly what happened, and you might not know if you simply need to deal with your insurance company on your own. But, these are not questions you should leave unanswered. If you have any questions about what you need to do or whether you have a claim, we strongly encourage you to contact us for a free consultation.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Lawyer?
We handle all cases in Jacksonville on a contingency fee basis. As a result, it costs nothing out-of-pocket to hire our team of lawyers and legal professionals. If we help you recover just compensation, then our legal fees will be calculated as a percentage of your settlement or verdict.
How Much Can I Expect to Recover?
The amount you can expect to recover depends on the unique details of your case. As a result, in order to answer this question, we will need to learn more about your situation. How much are your expenses? Are you unable to work? How else has the accident impacted your life? The answers to these questions (among many others) will all factor into the value of your claim.
How Do I Choose a Lawyer to Represent Me?
There are several factors to consider when choosing a lawyer in Jacksonville. Past results are important, and so are client testimonials. But, ultimately, you need to choose a lawyer who makes you feel confident and comfortable—and this starts with scheduling a free consultation.
Need a Jacksonville Attorney? Get a Free Consultation 24/7
If you would like to speak with a lawyer at Searcy Denney Scarola Barnhart & Shipley about your legal rights, contact us today. Call 800-780-8607 or contact us online to schedule an appointment as soon as possible.