An Orlando Injury Lawyer is Here to Help You Recover
Orlando Lawyers for Cases Involving Personal Injuries, Product Defects, Mass Torts, Medical Malpractice and More
We are a Florida law firm that has recovered billions of dollars in compensation for our clients. If you or your child has been seriously injured in Orlando, or if you have lost a loved one to an accident or medical malpractice, we can use our experience to help you seek just compensation. Contact us 24/7 for a free, no-obligation consultation.
The costs of a serious or fatal accident can add up quickly, and taking action promptly can be critical for maximizing your financial recovery. At Searcy Denney Scarola Barnhart & Shipley, we are intimately familiar with the challenges of pursuing complex claims—and we have theresults to prove it. When you choose Searcy Denney, you will work with an experienced lawyer one-on-one, and your lawyer will use the facts of your case to seek maximum compensation on your behalf.
Located in central Florida, the Orlando area is best known as the home of Walt Disney World, Universal Studios and Sea World. But, Orlando also has much more to offer. It has several bustling residential communities, and many different types of businesses call this beautiful city home.
While Orlando is many travelers’ final destination, Interstate 4 and the city’s other major highways see a lot of through traffic as well. As the city continues to grow, congestion is becoming a bigger issue—and this means accidents are becoming a bigger issue as well. But, Orlando is still a great place to visit or live; and, from local restaurants to museums and the Orlando Science Center, there is plenty to do without straying too far from your home or hotel room.
About Our Orlando Personal Injury Practice
Our lawyers represent Orlando residents and visitors who need help recovering just compensation following serious and fatal accidents. We also have extensive experience in cases involving unsafe medical devices and medical malpractice.
We represent locals and visitors in serious injury and fatal accident cases throughout the Orlando area. Whether you are a full-time resident or you got injured while visiting Orlando on vacation, we can help you assert your legal rights under Florida law. We handle cases throughout the greater Orlando area, including cases involving accidents in the areas of:
- Baldwin Park
- Belle Isle
- Doctor Phillips
- Downtown Orlando
- Fairview Shores
- Lake Apopka
- Lake Hart
- Orlando International Airport
- Orlando’s Central Business District
- Universal Orlando
- Walt Disney World
- Winter Garden
- Winter Park
- The surrounding areas of Orange County
Regardless of where your (or your loved one’s) accident happened, regardless of the circumstances involved and regardless of who you believe may be to blame, we strongly encourage you to contact us to learn about your legal rights. Florida law entitles accident victims and families to financial compensation in many cases; and, if you have a claim, our Orlando lawyers can use their experience to help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Serious and Fatal Accident Cases
All types of accidents can lead to serious or fatal injuries. Our experience includes recovering just compensation on behalf of individuals and families in cases involving:
- Car Accidents – Whether you were injured in a traffic accident on the highway or an intersection collision in downtown Orlando, we can help you deal with the insurance companies and make sure you receive just compensation.
- Mass Torts – If you or a loved one has been injured by a dangerous or defective product, you may be able to join a mass tort lawsuit to recover your losses.
- Personal Injury – From accidents in amusement parks to pedestrian and bicyclist accidents, we handle all types of personal injury claims in and around the Orlando area.
- Product Liability– Manufacturers, distributors and retailers have an obligation to avoid putting defective products on the shelves. When they fail to do so, they can be held legally accountable.
- Premises Liability – Slips, trips and other accidents at amusement parks, restaurants, hotels, rental properties and other businesses can lead to expensive medical bills and painful recoveries. We help injury victims hold property owners accountable.
- Truck Accidents – Truck accidents often result in severe injuries. We have recovered millions of dollars on behalf of truck accident victims and families in Florida.
- Watercraft and Boating Accidents – Watercraft and boating accidents also frequently result in severe injuries. We have extensive experience handling these cases as well.
- Wrongful Death – If you have lost a loved one due to some else’s negligence or a product defect, we will do everything we can to make sure the at-fault party is held responsible.
Medical Device and Malpractice Cases
A significant portion of our practice is devoted to representing patients and families who need help recovering from medical errors and other treatment-related issues. We have several lawyers who have decades of experience in cases involving:
- Medical Malpractice – Misdiagnoses, delayed diagnoses, and surgical errors are just a few examples of the numerous forms of medical malpractice that can lead to severe (or fatal) complications.
- Defective Drugs – Defective drugs can be extremely dangerous. These cases present unique challenges, and we have experience recovering just compensation from several of the world’s leading pharmaceutical manufacturers.
- Unsafe Medical Devices – We also have particular experience with cases involving unsafe medical devices. This includes implantable medical devices (i.e. hip implants) as well as medical devices used during treatment (i.e. robotic surgery equipment).
Why Choose Searcy Denney Scarola Barnhart & Shipley in Orlando?
If you have a personal injury, medical malpractice or product defect case in Orlando, it is important that you choose a qualified law firm to represent you. Here are five reasons why victims and families in Orlando have trusted Searcy Denney for decades:
- We Are Committed to Representing Victims and Their Families – Our practice is devoted to representing victims and families in Orlando and across Florida. We are passionate about what we do, and we are committed to helping ensure that each and every client we represent receives the maximum financial compensation available.
- We Handle All Types of Serious Injury and Fatal Accident Cases – From car accidents and boating accidents to medical mistakes and defective medical products, we handle all types of serious injury and fatal accident cases. Regardless of what happened, if you are entitled to just compensation, our Orlando lawyers have the experience required to win your case.
- We Have Recovered Billions of Dollars in Compensation – Our lawyers have recovered billions of dollars in compensation for victims and families nationwide. We rely on this experience to help Orlando residents and visitors recover just compensation from the companies that are accountable for their accident-related losses.
- We Always Put Our Clients First – If you have information to share about your case, we want to hear from you. If you have questions about your case, we encourage you to get in touch. At Searcy Denney, our clients always come first. We will work closely with you and keep you informed every step of the way, and we will do everything we can to make sure you are satisfied with the outcome of your case.
- We Regularly Handle Cases in the Orlando Area – From accidents on the road to accidents in amusement parks, and from product defects to medical malpractice, we regularly handle all types of serious injury and fatal accident cases in the Orlando area. We know the area like the back of our hands, and we rely on this local experience to help maximize our clients’ financial recoveries.
FAQs: Seeking Financial Compensation for a Serious Injury or Fatal Accident in Orlando
How Does Florida’s “No-Fault” Insurance Law Impact Car Accident Cases in Orlando?
Under Florida’s “no-fault” insurance law, Florida residents who have personal injury protection (PIP) coverage are required to use this coverage when they get injured in a collision. In addition, Florida residents can only use this coverage unless they can prove that they suffered a “significant” or “permanent” injury.
Since you can exhaust your PIP coverage pretty quickly after a serious car accident, it is important to work with an experienced lawyer who can determine if any of your injuries qualify as “significant” or “permanent.” Additionally, many car accidents in the Orlando area involve rental cars, and these cases present some unique issues for both in-state and out-of-state residents. At Searcy Denney, our Orlando lawyers are intimately familiar with these issues, and we can help you seek the maximum compensation available.
Can I File a Claim if I Fell at a Theme Park in Orlando?
Slip and fall and trip and fall accidents are common causes of injury at Orlando’s theme parks. If you were injured in a fall (or if your child or spouse was injured in a fall), you may be entitled to financial compensation. Our lawyers will need to investigate the cause of the accident in order to assess your legal rights. Then, once we have evidence of what happened, we can determine what claim (or claims) you can file. We handle claims involving falls and other accidents at all theme parks in Orlando.
How Do I Pursue a Claim for a Product Defect in Orlando?
From toys and playground equipment to tools, vehicle components and medical devices, all types of products can suffer from defects. If you believe that you may have a product defect claim in Orlando, you will need to consult with a lawyer promptly. At Searcy Denney, we have extensive experience handling product liability cases involving all types of dangerous and defective products. We can determine if you have a claim against the manufacturer or another company; and, if you do, we can pursue your claim on your behalf.
Should I Hire a Lawyer in Orlando if I Got Injured While Visiting from Out of Town?
Yes, if you got injured in Orlando, you will want to hire a local lawyer to represent you. You need a lawyer who is familiar with the local area and who can represent you in the local courts if necessary. At Searcy Denney, we work with clients nationwide. If you need to pursue a claim for a rental car accident, amusement park accident, swimming pool accident or any other type of accident in Orlando, we can represent you remotely, and we can use our experience to help you through the recovery process.
Request a Free Initial Consultation with an Orlando Injury Lawyer
If you would like to speak with one of our lawyers about your legal rights, please contact us to arrange a free initial consultation. Call 800-780-8607 or tell us about your case online to schedule an appointment as soon as possible.