Whether you are off on an epic cross-country family vacation or are simply taking a few days of relaxation at a relatively close destination, you want your time off to be as relaxing and stress-free as possible. Unfortunately, if you are injured while on vacation, you could be facing significant expenses, costs, transportation issues, and problems with medical treatment.
If you’ve been injured on vacation, let an experienced Florida personal injury lawyer at Searcy Denney help. We’ll handle your claims so that you can salvage what’s left of your time off.
Tips for Dealing With Injuries on Vacation
Fortunately, there are a few simple tips that can help you avoid significant frustration if you’re injured while on vacation:
- Seek Medical Treatment. The first thing to do if you are injured on vacation is to seek immediate local medical treatment. Even if your injuries feel relatively minor, you should be examined by a doctor for a professional analysis. It is possible you may be injured worse than it feels as the adrenaline kicks in, and many injuries are not symptomatic for days or even weeks. Seeking medical treatment allows you to document any issue that may be critical in any future lawsuits.
- Notify Someone of the Injury. If you are injured, notify the owner of the property on which you were injured. If you are involved in an out-of-town accident, especially in a foreign country, inform the local authorities and do not leave the scene.
- Collect Information On Others Who Are Involved. Be sure to get the names and contact information of any people involved and any witnesses, along with insurance and registration information. Use your phone to take photos of the scene, any vehicles involved, the area where the injury occurred, and your injuries.
- Follow Doctor’s Orders. After seeking medical treatment, you need to do exactly what the doctor tells you to do and document everything.
- Limit What You Say. Even if you believe the injury was your fault, do not discuss the incident or your injuries with anyone. Anything you say can be used against you in future litigation.
- Contact a Florida personal injury lawyer at Searcy Denney. We’ll take it from there, and you can get on with having fun to the extent your injuries allow.
A Florida Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help if You Have Been Injured on Vacation
If you have been injured on vacation or otherwise in a place that is not home, let us help. All you have to do is contact a Florida personal injury lawyer at Searcy Denney for your free consultation. We’ll analyze your situation, help you get back home if need be, examine your case, provide you with options, and help you decide your best course of action. We work on a contingency fee basis.