Tallahassee Personal Injury Lawyer for Accidents, Malpractice and More
Searcy Denney Scarola Barnhart & Shipley PA
Towle House, 517 N. Calhoun St.
Tallahassee, FL 32301-1231
Searcy Denney Scarola Barnhart & Shipley’s personal injury attorneys in Tallahassee represent victims hurt in accidents stemming from negligence, including aviation disasters, medical malpractice, railroad disasters, trucking accidents, unsafe products, and vehicle defects. Each injury lawyer in our personal injury practice has experience in handling a wide range of cases and obtaining financial compensation for victims who have suffered losses due to the negligence of others.
As our client, you will benefit from our 40 years of experience in representing clients in personal injury claims. With our resources, skills, and history of successful advocacy, we will vigorously fight to obtain the compensation to which you are entitled. Contact us today for an evaluation of your accident case.
Tallahassee is the capital of Florida, as well as a major center for the trade, agriculture, technology, and manufacturing industries. Tallahassee claims the title of the 12th fastest growing metropolitan area in Florida. A regional center for scientific research and major universities such as Florida State University and Florida A&M University, Tallahassee boasts a wide variety of professional and governmental organizations and entities.
Tallahassee is also home to many historical buildings such as the Florida Supreme Court, the Governor’s Mansion, and the Florida State Capital. In addition, the city is enriched with cultural sites such as the Challenger Learning Center, Lake Jackson Mounds State Archaeological Park, and the Mary Brogan Museum of Art and Science. Furthermore, Tallahassee residents and visitors alike enjoy a temperate climate consisting of long summers and mild winters.
Due to the high frequency of tourism and an already bustling population, visitors and residents alike have a higher chance of suffering a personal injury accident. However, victims and their loved ones may be entitled to compensation for their injuries and/or losses. Anyone who is hurt in Tallahassee due to another’s negligence is advised to turn to an experienced Florida accident attorney to ensure their right to damages is protected.
When Can You File a Personal Injury Claim in Tallahassee, FL?
If you or a member of your family has been seriously injured in an accident, in a hospital or doctor’s office, or under any other circumstances in which you suspect that someone else may be to blame, you are right to be asking questions about your legal rights. The financial costs of serious accidents can be devastating for many families, and the non-financial costs can impact victims’ lives for decades to come.
Accident claims are governed by “personal injury” law in Florida. Florida’s personal injury laws provide accident victims with important legal rights, but they place certain limitations on the exercise of these rights as well. If you believe that you may have a personal injury claim in Tallahassee, here are five key facts you need to know:
- Most personal injury claims are governed by the law of negligence. If another person(or a company was negligent in causing your (or your loved one’s) accident, then you are entitled to financial compensation under Florida law. Examples of negligence include mistakes such as driving while drunk or distracted, failing to remedy property hazards, and misdiagnosing patients’ illnesses and injuries.
- Some personal injury claims are governed by the law of strict liability. In cases involving defective products, the law of “strict liability” applies. Under Florida’s strict liability law, product designers, manufacturers, distributors and retailers can all potentially be held liable when a defective vehicle component, medication, medical device or other product causes a serious injury.
- Most successful personal injury claims settle out of court. When you hire an experienced Tallahassee personal injury lawyer to handle your case, the most likely outcome is an out-of-court settlement. While some personal injury cases go to trial, most settle without going to court.
- Personal injury claims are subject to a statute of limitations. In Florida, all personal injury claims are subject to a statute of limitations. This is a law that establishes the maximum amount of time an accident victim has to file his or her claim. If the statute of limitations for your claim expires, you could lose your rights completely.
- Getting Started Quickly Will Give You the Best Chance to Recover Maximum Compensation. Even though you may have several years to file your claim under Florida’s statute of limitations, waiting any longer than necessary could prove to be a costly mistake. In order to give yourself the best chance to recover maximum compensation, you should speak with a lawyer as soon as possible.
Our Tallahassee Personal Injury Lawyers Handle All Types of Serious Accident Cases
We represent people who need help recovering from all types of serious accidents. When you choose our firm to represent you, you will work directly with a personal injury lawyer who has extensive experience handling cases similar to yours, and you will have the opportunity to remain involved every step of the way. Contact us today to learn more about our experience helping victims in cases involving:
- Car Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Watercraft and Boating Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Product-Related Accidents
- Dangerous Drugs
- Unsafe Medical Devices
- Medical Malpractice
- Premises Liability
- Aviation Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Golf Cart Accidents
- Railroad Accidents
No matter what happened, no matter who may be to blame, and regardless of whether you think you are entitled to compensation, you owe it to yourself to speak with an attorney. At Searcy Denney Scarola Barnhart & Shipley, we are available 24/7, and we can arrange for you to discuss your case with a personal injury attorney in person or over the phone right away.
Here are 5 Reasons Why Accident Victims in Tallahassee Choose Searcy Denney Scarola Barnhart & Shipley for Their Injury Lawyers
As an accident victim, the choices you make now could truly impact the rest of your life. This includes your choice of legal representation. Here are five reasons why victims of all types of serious accidents in Tallahassee have trusted the personal injury lawyers at Searcy Denney Scarola Barnhart & Shipley for more than 40 years:
1. We Focus on Handling Serious Personal Injury Cases
Our firm’s practice is devoted to representing victims of serious and fatal accidents and individuals who have suffered serious injuries due to defective drugs, defective medical devices and medical mistakes. Over the past four decades, we have helped thousands of clients recover just compensation.
2. We Have a Proven Track Record and a Nationwide Reputation for Success
We have a long record of successful representation in serious personal injury cases. This includes cases not only in Tallahassee, but throughout Florida and nationwide.
3. Our Tallahassee Personal Injury Lawyers Handle Every Case Personally
We take our role as our clients’ advocate and advisor very seriously. All of our clients work one-on-one with our attorneys, and our injury attorneys pursue every case with the individualized attention it deserves.
4. We Give Our Clients the Information They Need to Make Smart Decisions
When you are struggling to recover from the effects of someone else’s negligence or a product defect, there is a lot you need to know. We make sure our clients have the information they need to make the right decisions about their recovery.
5. We are Passionate about Fighting to Protect Our Clients
Most of all, we are passionate about fighting to protect our clients. We are committed to working hard to make sure our clients have the financial resources they need, and we work tirelessly to secure just compensation for our clients as quickly as possible.
Tallahassee’s Roads Present Serious Dangers for Motorists, Cyclists and Pedestrians
While the State of Florida has made significant strides in preventing roadway accidents, injuries, and fatalities, the reality is that too many people continue to suffer serious injuries and fatalities as a result of vehicle accidents. In Leon County, traffic accidents have decreased in the past several years, dropping to just over 5,000 accidents in 2010, the most recent year for which data is available. Thirty-six of these accidents led to fatalities, and over 3,500 of these accidents led to injuries. Of those accidents, just 305 were alcohol-related in 2010, but roughly 60% of those alcohol-related accidents led to injuries.
In addition to car accidents, four motorcycle accident fatalities occurred in Leon County in 2010, as well as 105 motorcycle accidents leading to injuries. Only one fatal bicycle accident occurred in Leon County that year, but 65 such accidents led to injuries. Additionally, 10 pedestrians were killed in the area due to traffic accidents in 2010, and another 131 pedestrians received injuries of varying degrees. In 2010 alone, over 200 accidents occurred in Leon County that involved commercial vehicles, resulting in six fatalities and 161 injuries.
Schedule a Free Initial Consultation with a Tallahassee Personal Injury Lawyer
If you or a family member has suffered serious injuries in an auto accident or another type of vehicle accident, you may be entitled to compensation for losses such as medical bills, lost wages due, and rehabilitation expenses. Our experienced Tallahassee personal injury law firm can help you navigate the confusing world of insurance claims and personal injury law. Contact our office for a free consultation today, you can learn about the options available to you and the relief that you may be eligible to receive.