Florida Lawyers to Manage Your Bus Accident Claim
While buses provide an essential mode of transportation for individuals who either cannot or choose not to drive, they also present risks for passengers, pedestrians and other motorists. Bus accidents are relatively common in Florida, and they often result in serious – and, in some cases, fatal – injuries. If you have been injured or lost a loved one in an accident involving a publicly-operated or privately-operated bus, you may be entitled to significant financial compensation. Speak with a Florida bus accident attorney about your legal rights promptly.
Buses Present Many Risks for Passengers, Pedestrians and Other Motorists in Florida
Although buses should be safe, the reality is that they present a variety of risks for passengers, pedestrians and other motorists. In the aftermath of a bus accident, discovering the accident’s cause is of utmost importance, as the cause determines what company is liable for the victim’s (or victims’) losses. Some of the most common factors involved in bus accidents include:
- Bus Driver Inexperience – Many drivers lack the experience required to operate their buses safely.
- Bus Driver Negligence – Even experienced bus drivers can make costly mistakes. Running red lights, failing to check blind spots and other forms of negligence are common factors in dangerous bus accidents.
- Lack of Safety Equipment – From seat belts to good-quality brakes, many buses lack even basic safety equipment that is standard on other types of vehicles.
- Large Size and Weight – The large size and weight of buses play a role in many accidents as well. Bus drivers must account for these factors to avoid causing dangerous collisions.
- Limited Visibility – Bus drivers often have minimal visibility, particularly along the sides and at the rear of the bus. However, this is not an excuse for putting others in harm’s way.
- Vehicle Defects – Vehicle defects also play a role in many truck accidents. From tire blowouts to mechanical failures, various defects can cause and contribute to passenger, pedestrian and motorist injuries.
At Searcy Denney, we handle bus accident claims throughout Florida involving these and other factors. Our Florida bus accident attorney provides representation for individuals and families in cases involving:
- Charter buses
- Commercial buses
- Municipal buses
- Privately-operated buses at amusement parks and other venues
- Public and private school buses
Florida Attorneys for Bus Accidents Involving Serious and Fatal Injuries
If you have been seriously injured or a loved one has been killed in a bus accident in Florida, the financial and non-financial costs of the accident could be devastating. You will need a team of experienced attorneys to help you recover the compensation you deserve. At Searcy Denney, we have decades of experience securing just compensation for our clients, and we have recovered millions on behalf of Florida residents and families in cases involving:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Neck and spinal cord injuries (SCI)
- Internal organ damage
- Eye, ear, nose and other facial injuries
- Severe lacerations, contusions and soft tissue injuries
- Fatal injuries
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Florida Bus Accident Attorney Today
To find out how much you may be entitled to recover for your losses, arrange a free, no-obligation consultation with a Florida bus accident attorney at Searcy Denney. Our car accident attorneys are well-versed in cases involving buses, as we have decades of trial experience. We are available 24/7, so call 800-780-8607 or contact us online now.