If you are involved in an accident, your situation will likely be one of three common scenarios:
- First, you might be lucky and emerge without any considerable or even noticeable injuries.
- Second, you might experience some minor-to-moderate injuries and will need to get checked out at an urgent care center or by your family doctor.
- Third, you might suffer serious injuries that necessitate a trip to the emergency room in an ambulance or life flight.
No matter which situation occurs, it is important that you visit a doctor who can evaluate your health and treat any injuries after an accident.
But do you know which of these scenarios you may fall under, what doctor to see, and when you should see them? If you have been involved in an accident, including an accident with a truck, a boat, an ATV, a golf cart, a train, or even in an airplane, contact a Florida car accident attorney at Searcy Denney to help you decide what types of doctors you need and who specifically you should see. Your doctor(s) should be:
- Experienced in litigation, and willing to effectively argue their points in front of a jury,
- Knowledgeable about delayed symptoms, such as whiplash, sprains, Internal bleeding, concussions, chronic widespread pain (CWP), Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and internal bleeding,
- Neck and back specialists,
- Soft tissue injury specialists,
- Lumbar facet joint syndrome specialists,
- Cervical facet joint syndrome specialists,
- Herniated or ruptured disc specialists,
- Spondylolisthesis or vertebral fracture specialists, and/or
- Pain management specialists.
Importance of Proper Care Following an Accident in Florida
Proper care after an accident is critically important for a variety of reasons, such as:
- Medical doctors agree that most injuries respond best to treatment within the first 72 hours because that’s when the swelling from whiplash reaches its peak. A soft tissue injury can cause permanent scar tissue in the muscles, which can be particularly hard to treat if not addressed right away. Plus, you’ll avoid greater risk of re-injury in the future.
- Getting treated immediately makes it easier to file an insurance or legal claim for your injuries.
- It is equally as important to adhere to your doctor’s treatment plan, as it shows your commitment to resolving your medical issues and is just plain courteous.
Contact a Florida Car Accident Attorney for More Information
Were you or someone you love hurt in an accident with a car, truck, or boat? If so, contact a Florida car accident attorney at Searcy Denney as soon as possible for help with your claims. Let us help you understand your rights and options under Florida law.
We offer a free consultation and work on a contingency fee basis, which means you don’t pay unless you recover. If you need our help, contact us online today.