Joseph R. Johnson
JOSEPH JOHNSON is a Florida Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer with extensive experience litigating difficult and complex cases. Over the last 38 years, he has represented victims and their families in a wide range of personal injury cases, including medical malpractice, products liability, consumer protection, defective medical devices and automobile and trucking accidents.
Mr. Johnson is a third generation lawyer who has been recognized as a Florida Super Lawyer since 2006. He has been selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2021 and has been listed in Best Lawyers since 2014. He was graduated from the Florida State University with a Bachelor of Science degree and went on to earn a Doctor of Jurisprudence degree at the Florida State University College of Law.
A South Florida native, Mr. Johnson has long been active in legal and professional associations and in local community organizations. He is admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court and the United States District Court for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida. He is also a member of the Palm Beach County Bar Association, the Palm Beach County Justice Association, The Florida Bar, the American Association for Justice, and the American Bar Association.
- September 1, 2015 – AAJ Webinar regarding IVC Filters
- September 30, 2015 – HarrisMartin MDL Conference (NYC) regarding IVC filters
- Joe Johnson was selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2021 in the field of Personal Injury Litigation- Plaintiffs.
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100, 2020
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 2014 – Present
- Selected to Florida Super Lawyers list, 2006 – Present
- Lawyers of Distinction, 2018 – 2019
- Florida Trend’s Florida Legal Elite™, 2018
- “10 Best Attorney” Selection for Florida, American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys, 2018
INTERGEL LITIGATION (Medical Device Product Liability):
- PSC member in state coordinated litigation, Palm Beach County, Florida
- Co-Lead counsel discovery
- Negotiating team for global resolution
DRUG ELUTING STENT LITIGATION (Medical Device Product Liability):
- PSC member state coordinated litigation, Palm Beach County, Florida
- Co-Lead counsel discovery
- Co-counsel summary jury trials
- Litigated post-regal PMA claims on behalf of injured plaintiffs
IVC FILTER (COOK MEDICAL and BARD) LITIGATION (Medical Device Product Liability):
- Medical Monitoring Class Action (Bard) – Florida
- Co-Lead counsel discovery and experts
- PSC member Cook Medical MDL in the United States District Court for Southern District of Indiana
- PSC member Bard MDL in the United States District Court for the District of Arizona