F. Gregory Barnhart
GREGORY BARNHART, a senior partner at Searcy Denney Scarola, Barnhart & Shipley, P.A., is recognized as one of America’s leading trial lawyers. He is Board-Certified in Civil Trial Law by The Florida Bar, and regularly handles cases throughout the United States.
In addition to being named in The Best Lawyers in America for the past 25 years, Mr. Barnhart is also listed in law and leading attorneys and has been recognized as one of the “Legal Elite” in Florida Trend Magazine, one of the “Top Lawyers” in South Florida Magazine, and as one of Florida’s “Top 100 Superlawyers,” and was named Best Lawyer’s Lawyer of the Year for both 2010 and 2015 in Personal Injury litigation and 2017 and 2018 for Medical Malpractice litigation.
Greg Barnhart is an honors graduate of Vassar College and The Cornell Law School. The Cornell Law Forum says of Mr. Barnhart, “Barnhart certainly is sharp – he is consistently recognized as one of the best trial lawyers in the country, and regularly takes on Big Tobacco, the pharmaceutical industry, and other corporate defendants in cases that have an impact on a national scale.” Mr. Barnhart has over 89 million dollar and multi‑million dollar verdicts and settlements for his clients in personal injury cases, product liability cases, auto and truck collision cases, medical malpractice cases, aviation and railroad disasters and large commercial and will contest cases.
Mr. Barnhart was appointed by different Florida Governors to sit on the 15th Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission as well as the Fourth District Court of Appeal Judicial Nominating Commission where he served as Chair of the Commission. He is a board certified civil trial lawyer. Greg Barnhart is a past president of the Florida Justice Association as well as a past president of the Federal Bar Association.
Greg Barnhart has also enjoyed teaching lawyers and law students about the intricacies of trial work and has lectured regularly in Florida and other states. Indeed, Mr. Barnhart has been honored with the “Distinguished Lecturer” award and the “Al J. Cone Lifetime Achievement” award by the Florida Justice Association.
Recently, Greg Barnhart taught a Trial Techniques course at the Cornell Law School. Mr. Barnhart has also been inducted into the prestigious International Academy of Trial Lawyers which is limited to the top 500 Trial Lawyers and Barristers, as well as the American College of Trial Lawyers, which is limited to the top 1,000 Trial Lawyers and Barristers.
To learn more about Greg Barnhart, see:
- Inducted into the prestigious International Academy of Trial Lawyers, which is limited to the top 500 Trial Lawyers and Barristers
- Inducted into the American College of Trial Lawyers, which is limited to the top 1,000 Trial Lawyers and Barristers
- Palm Beach Atlantic College Business Leadership Award 1984
- Listed in Who’s Who in American Law 4th Edition (1985 to date).
- Listed in Who’s Who in American Law 4th Edition (1987 to date).
- Listed in Who’s Who of Emerging American Leaders (1987 to date).
- Distinguished Lecturer in Jurisprudence, Presented by the Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers. 1988.
- Leadership Award, Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers, 1988.
- Silver Eagle Award, Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers, 1989.
- Leadership Award Presented by the President of the Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers, 1991.
- Award of Excellence for Work Above and Beyond the Call of Duty, October 1991
- E.A.G.L.E. Hall of Fame, 1991
- South Florida Legal Guide, 2008. Top Lawyers.
- Lawyer of the Year 2010, American Trial Lawyers Association
- Al Cone Lifetime Achievement Award, Florida Justice Association, Sarasota, 2017
Florida Bicycle Accident Lawyer Explains Bicycle Rules of the Road
Defective Propane Tanks
Our Attorneys at the Florida Injury Law Firm of Searcy Denney
Questions to Ask Before Selecting an Injury Law Firm for Your Case
Priscilla Gratton v. Donald DiPetrillo Part 1
Margaret E. Piendle v. RJ Reynolds Tobacco Company Part 1
Florida Will Contests & Probate Disputes – A Basic Understanding
Boating Accidents and Injuries
What to Do If You Have an Auto Accident: Details Matter!
Sometimes Accidents Do Not JUST Happen
Hazards of Texting While Driving
Our Fee Promise:
No Recovery? No Fee.