Cameron M. Kennedy
CAMERON M. KENNEDY is a Shareholder with Searcy Denney Scarola Barnhart & Shipley, P.A. Throughout his career, he has dedicated himself to representing clients in cases across the State of Florida and throughout the Southeastern United States.
As a trial attorney with an unparalleled work ethic and attention to detail, Mr. Kennedy has recovered more than $100 million on behalf of his clients, including many multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements in cases involving dangerous and defective products, complex commercial litigation, insurance disputes, commercial truck and motor vehicle accidents, medical negligence, and industrial accidents. He has been recognized by Florida Trend magazine as a Legal Elite and was named one of the Top 40 under 40 trial lawyers by The National Trial Lawyers, a professional organization comprised of America's top trial attorneys.
Mr. Kennedy is a fourth generation Floridian who was born and raised in Tallahassee and earned his undergraduate and law degrees from Florida State University. He volunteers his time and supports numerous non-profit organizations committed to advancing community causes that help persons with disabilities and the disadvantaged. He and his wife and two sons live in Tallahassee, Florida.
To learn more about Cameron M. Kennedy, see:
Publications & Presentations
- Florida Super Lawyer – 2011-Present
- National Trial Lawayers – “Top 40 under 40” – 2017
- Florida Trend Legal Elite – 2016
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum – Inducted, 2009
- In 2010 and 2012 he was honored with the FJA’s Shoe Leather Award for dedicated and effective contributions on behalf of FJA’s legislative efforts.
- Tuner Leaj Kelly Sam vs. Propane Gas Corporation, $31,570,951.58 – Confidential personal injury/industrial accident, settled September 2018
- Fries vs. Bioenergy Plant Manufacturer, $13,000,000.00 – Confidential wrongful death/product liability, settled December 2012
- Stafford vs. Real Estate Developer, Engineering Firm, and Homeowners Association, $9,400,000.00 – Confidential personal injury/spinal cord injury, settled August 2017
- Bennett vs. Hospital and Physicians, $7,000,000.00 – Confidential medical negligence/personal injury/birth trauma, settled February 2015
- Hall vs. Hospital and Physicians, $6,000,000.00 – Confidential medical negligence/personal injury, settled January 2016
- Petraskiewchz vs. Surgical Center, $6,000,000.00 – Confidential medical negligence/personal injury, settled October 2015
- Buchanan vs. Phillip Morris USA and Liggett Group, LLC, $5,500,000.00 – wrongful death/product liability, jury verdict November 2012
- Askew vs. Tire Manufacturer, $3,600,000.00 – Confidential product liability/wrongful death, settled July 2015
- Branch Bynoe vs. Automobile Manufacturer, $3,000,000.00 – Confidential product liability/personal injury, settled July 2018
- Armstrong vs. Utility Transformer Manufacturer, $2,850,000.00 – Confidential wrongful death/product liability, settled October 2012
- Leaton vs. physician and hospital, $2,300,000.00 – Confidential medical negligence/personal injury, settled July 2012
- Clark vs. Children’s Hospital, $2,000,000.00 – Wrongful death of a 3-month-old baby, settled February 2017
- Kiel vs. Hospital and Physician, $1,950,000.00 – Confidential medical negligence/wrongful death, settled July 2012
- Ratliff vs. Commercial Delivery Company, $1,750,000.00 – Confidential wrongful death/vehicle accident, settled February 2017
- Clark vs. Mohawk, $1,500,000.00 – Semi-truck/vehicle accident/personal injury, settled February 2013
- Carter vs. Automobile Manufacturer, $1,240,000.00 – Confidential wrongful death/product liability, settled January 2013
- Thompson vs. FMP, Thyssenkrupp, Jones Lang, $1,215,000.00 – defective escalator hand rail/improper maintenance/personal injury, settled July 2013
- Pittman vs. Trucking Company, $1,015,000.00 – Confidential semi truck/vehicle accident/personal injury, settled July 2008
- Gafney vs. RJ Reynolds Tobacco Company, $1,000,000.00 – wrongful death/product liability, jury verdict February 2019