Andrea A. Lewis
ANDREA A. LEWIS is an experienced trial lawyer who has dedicated her life to fighting for victims who have been injured, abused, or killed by the negligence and wrongdoing of others. She has successfully conducted over 80 jury trials and handled many high-profile cases. Due to her experience, Ms. Lewis has been quoted in numerous national publications and her cases have been covered by media outlets across the country, including USAToday, FoxNews and CNN.
Ms. Lewis has a lengthy track record of getting results for victims of car accidents and DUI, medical malpractice, nursing home negligence, sexual assault and molestation, and wrongful death. She has been named by U.S. News & World Report one of The Best Lawyers in the field of personal injury and The National Trial Lawyers has recognized her as Top 40 Under 40. Ms. Lewis has also been named by Best Lawyers in America as a Best Lawyer in the field of personal injury.
No stranger to a courtroom, Ms. Lewis has tried a wide array of civil and criminal cases. Recently she was a member of the trial team that was awarded more than $8.5 million in damages for a victim of medical malpractice. She has also helped many clients achieve multi-million dollar settlements.
Ms. Lewis is especially passionate about advocating for survivors of sexual assault, sexual exploitation, and human trafficking. Before joining Searcy Denney, she was a felony prosecutor with the Palm Beach County State Attorney’s office. Many of the rapists, pedophiles, stalkers, and sexual predators she convicted remain in prison today. While a prosecutor, Ms. Lewis took on and successfully convicted some of the toughest felony offenders in the county—including murderers, gang members, and sexual predators—and successfully pressed for lengthy prison sentences. She was responsible for handling numerous high-profile prosecutions, including cases against politicians, judges and celebrities.
Ms. Lewis has also taken a strong leadership role in the Palm Beach County legal community. In 2020, she was re-elected to the Palm Beach County Bar Association Board of Directors, where she has served since 2017. She is a past president of Palm Beach County Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Section and is a frequent speaker at local Bar Association events, recently serving as a panelist at the county’s annual Bench Bar Conference. In addition to her volunteer work with legal organizations, Ms. Lewis is a member of the Junior League of the Palm Beaches, where she is a former vice president and member of the executive board.
Ms. Lewis earned two undergraduate degrees from Florida State University - one in finance, the other in real estate - and graduated with honors. She received her Juris Doctorate from the Florida State University College of Law, where she was a member of the school’s prestigious mock trial team.
When she is not working, Ms. Lewis enjoys reading, being outdoors, traveling and spending time with her husband and daughter.
To learn more about Andrea A. Lewis, see:
- French figure skater charged in Florida following sexual abuse allegations
- Accused of sexual harassment, skater Morgan Ciprès is released
- Investigation reopened involving Olympic figure skater and sexual abuse allegation
- Coach accused of sex abuse coverup allowed to work figure skating nationals
- Olympic figure skater accused of sexual abuse apologized to girl's mother (updated 1/22/2019)
- Olympic figure skater accused of sexual abuse apologized to girl's mother (updated 12/30/19)
- Olympic figure skater, coaches being investigated for sexual abuse allegations (12/10/19)
- Olympic figure skater under investigation for sexual abuse allegation retires
- Morgan Cipres retires a year after allegations surfaced that he sent lewd pics of himself to a 13-year-old Female American skater
- In Med Mal Amputation Suit, Neurosurgeon Says He Soon Suspected Serious Vascular Disease
- Judge sentences woman to 3 years in prison for $3M extortion plot against family that founded Claire’s
- Claire's extortion case ends with 3-year prison sentence
- Police: Fired maid's daughter demands $3 million
Publications & Presentations
- Secretary of Education Revises Title IX Laws — How Do New Regulations Favor Sex Offenders?
- Florida Accident “Crush” Injuries — How They Cause Injury
- Can the Civil Courts Provide Justice for Victims of Sexual Assault?
- Do You Know the Signs That Your Child’s Coach May be Abusive?
- Can You Keep Loved Ones in Nursing Homes Safe During the COVID-19 Pandemic?
- Coronavirus Pandemic Creates Florida Nursing Home Crisis
- Dangers of Pressure Cookers Heating Up
- Pressure Cookers & Injuries — A Long History
- Truck Accidents — Fatigue, Impairment and Violations
- MDVIP Found Responsible for Negligence and Faces False Claims Charges
- Best Lawyers in America 2018 – 2020
- Palm Beach Illustrated Top Lawyers for Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury 2018 – 2019
- U.S. News & World Report as one of Florida’s Best Lawyers – 2018 – Present
- Super Lawyers 2017 – 2020, Florida Rising Star
- National Trial Lawyers, Top 40 Under 40 – 2016 – Present
- Palm Beach County Bar Association’s 2014 Young Lawyer of the Year
- Named 10 Best Attorneys in Florida 2017 – 2019
- $450,000.00—Settlement—Automobile Negligence, Rotator Cuff Tear (2021)
- $5,200,000.00 – Confidential Settlement – Sexual Assault, Premises Liability (2021)
- $15,000,000.00—Confidential Settlement—Product liability and medical negligence case resulting in a brain injury (2020)
- $475,000.00—Settlement—Automobile Negligence, Herniated disc (2020)
- $310,000.00—Settlement—Automobile Negligence, Rotator Cuff Tear (2020)
- $2,125,000.00 – Confidential Settlement – Wrongful Death, Distracted Driving (2019)
- $250,000.00—Confidential Settlement—Sexual Harassment Against a Multinational Financial Institution (2018)
- $3,250,000.00 – Confidential Settlement during trial – Personal Injury, DUI crash, Herniated disc (2017)
- $1,850,000.00 – Confidential Settlement – Defamation Case (2017)
- $8,540,786.90 —Verdict – Beber v. MDVIP – Medical Malpractice survivor case resulting from an above the knee amputation. Ranked as #1 trial of 2015 by Courtroom View Network (2015)
- State v. Brown: (gained international media attention after the housekeeper of a business mogul attempted to blackmail the family for millions—Convicted and Sentenced to Prison)