Andrea A. Lewis
ANDREA A. LEWIS is a Shareholder and experienced trial lawyer who frequently handles high profile cases, including many involving sexual assault, sexually motivated crimes and crimes against children. Ms. Lewis has been quoted in national and international publications, including USAToday, FoxNews, CNN, ESPN, DailyMail, Barrons, Le Monde and many others. As a former felony prosecutor and current civil litigator, Ms. Lewis has a wealth of trial experience and has conducted over 85 jury trials. She is also the President-Elect of the Palm Beach County Bar Association.
Ms. Lewis has handled many notable cases, including an $8,500,000 jury verdict against a medical concierge company whose doctor caused a woman to lose part of her leg. In the last two years, Ms. Lewis has recovered over $11,000,000 for survivors of sexual assault and abuse. Due to her experience prosecuting and handling sexually motivated crimes, Ms. Lewis is familiar with law enforcement practices and investigations, including those involving children. Through her representation of child athletes, Ms. Lewis is one of only a few attorneys who has experience representing children though the U.S. Center for Safesport’s arbitration and hearing process since Congress created the organization in 2020.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Lewis was the Deputy Chief of the Palm Beach County State Attorney’s Office where she led a department of approximately 30 prosecutors. While working at the State Attorney’s Office, Ms. Lewis handled thousands of cases, including murders, sexual assaults, armed home invasions, child sexual abuse, DUI resulting in serious injury/death, bank robberies, and many other violent felony offenses. She fought tirelessly to get the victims and survivors of crimes the justice that they deserved while working to ensure that violent criminals were taken off the streets and sent to prison.
Since 2018, Ms. Lewis has been selected as one of the Best Lawyers in America and as Palm Beach Illustrated’s Top Lawyers for Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury. Ms. Lewis has also been consistently recognized as National Trial Lawyer’s Top 40 Under 40 and she has been selected to receive the Super Lawyers designation each year since 2021. In 2014, Ms. Lewis was selected Young Lawyer of the Year by the Palm Beach County Bar Association.
Ms. Lewis has also taken a strong leadership role in the Palm Beach County legal community. In 2023, she was named President-Elect of the Palm Beach County Bar Association, where she has served on the Board of Directors since 2017. She is a past President of Palm Beach County Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Section and is a frequent speaker at local Bar Association events, recently serving as a panelist at the county’s annual Bench Bar Conference. In addition to her volunteer work with legal organizations, Ms. Lewis is a member of the Junior League of the Palm Beaches, where she is a former Vice President and member of the Executive Board.
Ms. Lewis earned two undergraduate degrees from Florida State University - one in finance, the other in real estate - and graduated with honors. She received her Juris Doctorate from the Florida State University College of Law, where she was a member of the school’s prestigious mock trial team.
To learn more about Andrea A. Lewis, see:
- Florida Uber driver accused of raping passenger celebrating 21st birthday had lengthy criminal past
- Florida lawsuits raise serious questions about how Uber screens its drivers
- ‘Every homeowner’s worst nightmare’: Ex-security tech employees allegedly used camera system ‘backdoor’ to spy on Florida couple having sex
- Florida couple says their intimate moments were watched by tech company employees
- Palm Beach couple alleges they were spied on by high-tech peeping Toms
- U.S. Center for SafeSport, Olympic Movement's misconduct watchdog, struggles to shed 'paper tiger' reputation
- French figure skater charged in Florida following sexual abuse allegations
- Accused of sexual harassment, skater Morgan Ciprès is released
- Investigation reopened involving Olympic figure skater and sexual abuse allegation
- Coach accused of sex abuse coverup allowed to work figure skating nationals
- Olympic figure skater accused of sexual abuse apologized to girl's mother (updated 1/22/2019)
- Olympic figure skater accused of sexual abuse apologized to girl's mother (updated 12/30/19)
- Olympic figure skater, coaches being investigated for sexual abuse allegations (12/10/19)
- Olympic figure skater under investigation for sexual abuse allegation retires
- Morgan Cipres retires a year after allegations surfaced that he sent lewd pics of himself to a 13-year-old Female American skater
- In Med Mal Amputation Suit, Neurosurgeon Says He Soon Suspected Serious Vascular Disease
- Judge sentences woman to 3 years in prison for $3M extortion plot against family that founded Claire’s
- Claire's extortion case ends with 3-year prison sentence
- Police: Fired maid's daughter demands $3 million
Publications & Presentations
- Secretary of Education Revises Title IX Laws — How Do New Regulations Favor Sex Offenders?
- How Could This School Abuse Bill Get Killed by the Florida Legislature?
- Florida Accident “Crush” Injuries — How They Cause Injury
- Can the Civil Courts Provide Justice for Victims of Sexual Assault?
- Do You Know the Signs That Your Child’s Coach May be Abusive?
- Can You Keep Loved Ones in Nursing Homes Safe During the COVID-19 Pandemic?
- Coronavirus Pandemic Creates Florida Nursing Home Crisis
- Dangers of Pressure Cookers Heating Up
- Pressure Cookers & Injuries — A Long History
- Truck Accidents — Fatigue, Impairment and Violations
- MDVIP Found Responsible for Negligence and Faces False Claims Charges
- Best Lawyers in America 2018 – 2022
- Palm Beach Illustrated Top Lawyers for Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury 2018 – Present
- U.S. News & World Report as one of Florida’s Best Lawyers – 2018 – Present
- Super Lawyers 2017 – 2020, Florida Rising Star
- National Trial Lawyers, Top 40 Under 40 – 2016 – Present
- Palm Beach County Bar Association’s 2014 Young Lawyer of the Year
- Named 10 Best Attorneys in Florida 2017 – 2019
- $1,750,000.00 – Confidential Settlement –Product Liability – Lighter explosion resulted in man losing vision in one eye (2023)
- $945,000.00 –Confidential Settlement—Sexual Assault – Spa customer digitally penetrated by male masseur (2023)
- $300,000.00—Confidential Settlement—Sexual Assault—Delivery driver had sexual intercourse with a 17-year-old customer (Defendant company later filed for bankruptcy) (2023)
- $195,000.00—Settlement—Slip and Fall (2023)
- $200,000.00 – Confidential Settlement—Employee sent to female customer’s home and grabbed her left breast (2023)
- $4,200,000.00—Confidential Settlement—Child Sexual Abuse (2022)
- $480,000.00—Settlement—Product Liability and Medical Negligence case resulting in an orbital injury (2022)
- $450,000.00—Settlement—Automobile Negligence, Rotator Cuff Tear (2021)
- $5,200,000.00 – Confidential Settlement – Sexual Assault, Premises Liability (2021)
- $15,000,000.00—Confidential Settlement—Product Liability and Medical Negligence case resulting in a brain injury (2020)
- $475,000.00—Settlement—Automobile Negligence, Herniated disc (2020)
- $310,000.00—Settlement—Automobile Negligence, Rotator Cuff Tear (2020)
- $2,125,000.00 – Confidential Settlement – Wrongful Death, Distracted Driving (2019)
- $250,000.00—Confidential Settlement—Sexual Harassment Against a Multinational Financial Institution (2018)
- $3,250,000.00 – Confidential Settlement during trial – Personal Injury, DUI crash, Herniated disc (2017)
- $1,850,000.00 – Confidential Settlement – Defamation Case (2017)
- $8,540,786.90 —Verdict – Beber v. MDVIP – Medical Malpractice survivor case resulting from an above the knee amputation. Rated #1 trial of 2015 by Courtroom View Network (2015)
- State v. Brown: (gained international media attention after the housekeeper of a business mogul attempted to blackmail the family for millions—Convicted and Sentenced to Prison)