A Tallahassee Professional Liability Lawyer Can Help You Recover Just Compensation
As a patient, client or customer, it isn’t always easy to know if you are receiving the quality of service to which you are entitled. While all types of licensed professionals have ethical and legal obligations, many fall short of meeting these obligations; and, unfortunately, some try to obscure their failures rather than being honest about what happened. As a result, if you have concerns about the quality of service you received or your licensed professional’s motives or allegiances, you have the right to ask questions, and it is important that you speak with a Tallahassee professional liability lawyer about your legal rights.
At Searcy Denney, we represent individuals who have professional liability claims against all types of service providers. Our professional liability lawyers have decades of experience investigating and handling claims involving all trades and professions, and we are intimately familiar with the various rules, regulations, laws and nuances involved. Our lawyers will assess the facts of your case to determine if you have a claim; and, if you do, we will diligently pursue your claim to secure just compensation on your behalf.
We Handle Claims Against All Types of Licensed Service Providers
Our lawyers have successfully represented clients in professional liability and malpractice claims against all types of licensed service providers. This includes representing clients who have suffered financial, legal and physical harm due to the negligence and misconduct of:
- Financial advisors
- Medical doctors and other health care professionals
- Real estate agents and brokers
- Stock brokers
- Other licensed professionals
Negligence or Exercise of Professional Judgment? How to Fight a Claim for Professional Liability
Under Florida law, not all mistakes rise to the level of professional negligence or malpractice. Attorneys, doctors and other licensed professionals must necessarily exercise a degree of judgment in their practice; and, sometimes, even sound decisions can lead to undesirable results. When we investigate your professional liability claim, we will comprehensively assess all of the circumstances involved, and our attorneys will gather the evidence required to overcome any defenses that your professional’s insurance company may raise on his or her behalf.
That said, many mistakes do constitute professional negligence. From misdiagnosing patients’ medical conditions to misinterpreting the law, and from designing dangerous structures to engaging in conflict-of-interest transactions, there are numerous grounds for pursuing negligence claims against all types of professionals. With over 40 years of experience standing up for our clients’ rights, we can make sure that your losses are not swept aside, and we can make sure that your professional is held fully accountable for the losses you have endured.
How Do You Prove a Professional Liability Claim?
To file a successful professional liability claim, it is necessary to prove that your doctor, lawyer, attorney or other professional made a mistake that fell below the requisite standard of care. This requires not only proof that you can provide but evidence that your Tallahassee professional liability lawyer will need to obtain from other sources as well.
For example, two critical pieces of evidence in professional liability cases are (i) expert reports and (ii) expert testimony. Once you engage a lawyer to represent you, your lawyer will hire an expert in your professional’s field to render an opinion as to both why and how your professional’s mistake is indicative of negligence or malpractice. Remember, the fact that your professional made a mistake is not enough on its own to support a liability claim. Instead, you must prove that your professional’s mistake both could and should have been avoided.
At Searcy Denney, we work with experts in all fields in Tallahassee and throughout Florida. If you choose a lawyer at our firm to represent you, he or she will leverage our firm’s longstanding relationships and reputation in the community to find an expert who can provide a report that details how your professional was negligent. We can also engage this expert to provide testimony if necessary. Depending on the nature of your professional liability claim (i.e., if you were physically injured or suffered a financial loss), we will work with doctors, economists, and other professionals to ensure that we are seeking full compensation for all of your losses.
Our Tallahassee Professional Liability Lawyer Outlines the Next Steps After an Accusation
If you believe that you may have a professional liability claim, what are your next steps? At Searcy Denney, we encourage people to come to us to:
- Seek the help you need. Whether your doctor misdiagnosed your medical condition or your accountant made a mistake on your federal income tax returns, it is important that you get the help you need. See a doctor, hire another accountant, or engage another professional to ensure that your health, finances and legal rights are secure. If it is difficult to find someone you can trust, we can provide you with a referral.
- Take notes and compile your records. Try to write down as many details about your interaction(s) with your professional as possible. When did you meet? What information was exchanged? When did you start to suspect professional negligence? Compile all of your records related to the professional services you received, and be prepared to share them with your lawyer during your free initial consultation.
- Speak with a Tallahassee professional liability lawyer. If you believe that you may have a professional liability claim, it is important that you speak with a lawyer as soon as possible. At Searcy Denney, we provide free consultations for professional liability claims, and we will arrange for you to meet with one of our lawyers in confidence to discuss your legal rights one-on-one.
Schedule a Free Initial Consultation With a Tallahassee Professional Liability Lawyer at Searcy Denney
If you would like to speak with a lawyer about filing a professional liability claim in Tallahassee, we invite you to get in touch. To schedule a free initial consultation at your convenience, call us at 800-780-8607 or inquire online today.