Katherine A. Kiziah
KATHERINE A. KIZIAH is an attorney with Searcy Denney’s pharmaceutical and medical device mass torts litigation unit.
Before joining the firm, she was an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Florida and the South Florida Bureau Chief of the state’s Consumer Protection Unit. In that capacity, she handled civil prosecution of fraud involving timeshares, telemarketing, the Internet, debt management, and deceptive advertising. She also collaborated with federal, state, and local authorities in filing lawsuits, injunctions and asset freezes against major corporations.
Katherine is also a past president of the Palm Beach County chapter of the Florida Association for Women Lawyers and was selected as one of its 2016 “Leaders in Law.” She is a member of the Florida Bar’s Consumer Protection Committee and Advertising Grievance Committee. She was recognized as a “Top Government Attorney in Florida” by Florida Trend’s Legal Elite in both 2014 and 2015 and was honored as 2013 Attorney of the Year by the Florida Attorney General’s Office.
An active volunteer in her community, Ms. Kiziah is the President of the Friends of the Mandel Public Library in West Palm Beach.
Publications & Presentations
- 2016 Class of “Leaders in the Law,” Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- Florida Trend Legal Elite, 2014 and 2015
- Florida Office of the Attorney General Consumer Protection Division Awards
- Attorney of the Year, 2013
- Director’s Award, 2013
- Significant Accomplishment Award, 2015 and 2016
- AV Rated, Martindale Hubbell, 2013 – present